Friday, February 01, 2013

FOOD - Easy Lunch

FOOD - Easy Lunch

I love food and I love cooking and baking. So I thought it would be nice to share my favorite meal with you guys. I make this dish a lot since it's really easy and quick, but at the same time super yummy and pretty healthy.
I usually make it with couscous but you can make it with anything. I am addicted to couscous and it is super simple to make but if you prefer pasta or even potatoes go ahead and use that.
Ingredients:
  • Prawns, peeled.
  • Tomatoes, chopped in cubes (if I'm really lazy or in a hurry I even use frozen tomatoe cubes)
  • Couscous
  • Garlic
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  • Curry Powder
  • Sweet pepper Powder
  • Chilli Powder
  • Cayenne pepper
  • You can always add more dried herbs
  • Olive Oil
  • Lemon Juice
  • Cream

1) First thing we're gonna do is marinade the prawns in a bit of olive oil, some lemon juice and whatever herbs you want to add. I don't really measure what I put in.
 2) In the mean time we're going to heat up some water with a bit of salt in it for the couscous.
 3) Now we put the prawn/shrimp aside and wait for a the water to boil.
 4) When the water is boiling we pour it over our couscous till it is underwater
5) Now we'll cook our prawns till they are almost ready and we put them in a bowl on the side
6) Next we cook our tomatoes till they are nicely soft
7) Add some cream and tomato ketchup, let that cook in a bit.
 8) Add the prawns to the sauce and let them reheat a bit.
9) Put a little bit of butter in the couscous
10) Mix everything together and eat!

Feel free to try this recipe and let me know how it tasted. If something is unclear don't be afraid to ask.
Do you want more of these posts or should I stick to fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all the comments