Wednesday, November 26, 2014

BAKING #1 - Christmas Cookies

BAKING #1 - Christmas Cookies


Somewhere early 2013, I said I would start sharing some of my favorite recipes and then I never talked about cooking or baking again. But with the christmas period coming along, I figured I could share some christmas recipes with you guys.
Today I'm gonna show you guys how I make Chocolate Christmas Cookies. Now I don't take any credit for this recipe, it comes right out of Nigella Lawson Christmas, a book I love for christmas cooking.
Follow on Bloglovin
ingredients
Of course you need to get your ingredients first. What I loved about this recipe is that you don't need to buy any special ingredients. So you can make them whenever you want.

  • 40 g Cocoa Powder
  • 250  g Soft Butter
  • 150 g Caster Sugar
  • 300 g Plain Flower
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
Preheat your over to 170°C
step1step2
1# Cream your sugar and butter together till you get a light colored smooth mixture.
2# Then you add your cocoa powder (mine had some lumps in it, so I used a sieve).
step3step4
3# Then you add your flour, baking soda & baking powder
4# Mix everything together till it is a smooth mixture.
step5step6
5# This is what your batter should look like at this moment. Now you roll out your cookies. Make little balls the size of  a walnut and squish them flat when you put them on a baking sheet.
6# Place about 12 on one sheet, they will spread a bit so make sure to keep enough room between them.
step7
7# Bake them for about 15 minutes, afterward let them cool a bit on the sheet before removing them.
When they are completely cooled you can use some simple sugar glaze as a glue for the sprinkles.

And this is how they look finished. They are  absolutely delicious, the chocolate isn't to overwhelming and they aren't too heavy.
cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all the comments