Thursday, September 15, 2016

How I stay organized

How I stay organized


Hi guys , long time and what's this a new layout and different URL? I felt like my blog could use an upgrade and my other URL was giving me some trouble on the backend, so I switched my blog over to here.

Today I'm gonna talk about my planner. It's the one thing in life I can't function without.
Ever since I started college I knew I need a planner to keep track of things; over the years I've tried quite a few different planner. At the beginning of this year, I found myself not using my previous planner anymore. I had gotten to focused on making it look pretty and I wasn't actually using it for organising purposes.

I did some research and stumbled upon the bullet journal system. It's a simple system of organising developed by Ryder Carroll.

The Bullet Journal is a customizable and forgiving organisation system. It can be your to-do list, sketchbook, notebook, and diary, but most likely, it will be all of the above. It will teach you to do more with less.
The official website explains it really in depth, but it's basically a journal in which you put whatever you want, however, you want. You don't need fancy expensive planners . Just a plain simple notebook and a pen.
Follow on Bloglovin
my bulletjournal first page  I chose this lined spiral bound notebook from HEMA. You will see that most people recommend or use squared paper, but I personally prefer writing on lined paper. But that's the beauty of the bullet journal, you pick what works for you.
Like I already mentioned, you can put everything in the journal.  I'm mainly gonna focus on m monthly/weekly/daily pages, but I've also got some examples of what are called collections.
_DSC3206
This is my 6-months overview and on the right my 3-month overview. on the left, I jotted down everything that I have planned for the next 6 months. On the right side, I copy the appointments for those 3 months from the 6-month overview, plus I also jot down the birthdays for those months.
On the bottom part, I have my goals for the next 3 months. These are quite big goals which I then break down into smaller monthly goals
_DSC3209
Next, I have my monthly overview. Up here I keep track of everything that is going on this month, as well as my ùonlthy goals and to do's. By those, I mean big tasks that take up quite a lot of time.
On the right page, I have a monthly tracker where I track my daily habits.
Right now I'm tracking my workouts if I wake up before 9, if I hydrate enough, whether or not I meditate, if I post on Instagram, if I listen to a podcast, if I read or learn for at least 15 min when I clean my brushes. You get the idea.
_DSC3210
Then I make a weekly spread every week. This is where I make my daily to-dos.
I have an overview of the entire week where I can quickly see what I have planned for that particular week.
Every day I make a list with what I want to do that day. I also note the weather of that day and have a little tracker for my water intake.
_DSC3208
These are some examples of 'collections'. The left page is a list of music artist I like or want to check out on a later date.
On the right page, I jotted down some little recipes for when I don't know what to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all the comments