Saturday, January 21, 2017

A peek inside my bookcase

A peek inside my bookcase


Ever since I was a little kid I loved reading, I would visit the library at least once a month and I always took the maximum amount of books I could with me. Once I started having my own money I also started buying quite a few books. Once or twice a year there is this big book fair in the closest city, where they have tons of books for a fraction of the price.
Naturally, I would always end up with way too many books, some of which I never even read. Because let's face it book can be expensive, so when you can get them for €5 instead of €25, you stock up on books, or at least I do.

As you may know, I read 'the life-changing magic of tidying up' this past summer, and ever since I've been slowly decluttering my stuff. But the one thing I could never declutter where my books. Now I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem, I had books I had never read and probably would never read in my life, but I could not make myself to throw them away.
Up until recently, I finally was able to get rid of a good third of books I wouldn't (re)read.

One of my goals for 2017, is the same as last year. It's to read one book a month. Over the past few years, I've developed the habit of starting with new books whilst I'm still reading another one. Which then results in me never actually finishing any books. So I try to limit myself to only one book a month and not starting any new books before I finish a book. Of course there will be months where I read more then one book and even months where I don't read even a single chapter. But spacing it out as reading one book a month, feels more doable than just saying I want to read twelve books, which can seem a bit daunting.

Do you guys love reading? If so leave some of your favorite books in the comments so that I can check them out!
Follow on Bloglovin
Lower bookcase My bookcase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all the comments